Share This Article
This is it, the three biggest shopping days of the year. Now before you cut your Thanksgiving dinner short and run to the stores, you might want to plan out what you want and decide when to buy it. I have never been one to go shopping on Black Friday and won’t see me at the mall Thanksgivings day, however, I do love a good deal! Shopping to me should be enjoyable and not a hassle, which is why I choose to shop online from the comfort of my home. Think about your shopping experience this holiday and be sure to spend your time & money wisely.
What Not to Buy On Black Friday
If you have the willpower to wait two more weeks, according to Deal News, some items will be cheaper in mid-December.
It suggests waiting to buy:
- Name brand HDTVs: Prices drop later in December, and even further in January in anticipation of the Super Bowl. Sure, I know what you are saying: “Best Buy is selling a 50 inch Samsung LED HDTV for just $199 on Black Friday”, Yes, and if you want that one, you better be prepared to spend your entire Thanksgiving Day standing in a parking lot line.
- High-end laptops: Again, the best Black Friday deals are on the sub-$299 models, because people on Black Friday don’t want to spend a fortune on anything.
- Exercise equipment: Sure you’ll find some good treadmill markdowns, but prices are at their lowest in late Spring, when no one is buying ellipticals or treadmills.
- Winter clothing: Lots of sweaters and coats are on sale Black Friday. But the current year fashion clothing doesn’t get marked down significantly until after Christmas.
- Most Toys: Despite flashy Black Friday ads, most stores hold off on toy markdowns until the second week of December, when they see what’s not selling.
- Bed linen: The annual “white sales” take place in January as stores get rid of their heavier bedding and fall/ winter colors, experts say.
No matter what you end being or not being next weekend, just be sure to be stick to your budget. If you need advice on How to Get a Gift for Everyone On Your List Without Going Broke, read my latest post for some money saving tips!
Start shopping now for some of the best deal on Amazon.com