Share This Article
It’s time to shed those winter blues because spring has finally sprung! As the trees begin to bloom, you can feel the newness in the air, and I look for ways to reinvigorate my routine. People often focus on getting back in shape when spring comes; however, taking a holistic approach to finding healthy ways to live should be a priority. I’ve done some research and have beauty, wellness, and home trends that are so smart, you might want to incorporate them into your life all year long.
Vitamin C Your Way to Great Skin
Look beyond your fridge because vitamin C is a fantastic ingredient for skincare. Found in serums and moisturizers, this antioxidant not only increases the production of collagen in the skin, it also helps restore sun-damaged skin and improves the effectiveness of your SPF. Plus, if you have acne scars or dark marks, it can help fade them over time.
OLAY Regenerist Vitamin C + Peptide 24 Hydrating Moisturizer is formulated with Olay’s proprietary technology to brighten dull skin instantly, leaving you with two times brighter skin vs. an essential moisturizer. It corrects the look of uneven tone and texture without clogging pores, and with 24-hour moisture, it’s proven to hydrate better than a $400 cream.
Common Heir 10% Vitamin C Serum contains antioxidants and vitamin C to help boost your natural glow. I have been using this product for months, especially while traveling, and I can’t get enough. It is formulated with a concentrated and deeply penetrating blend of vitamin C with a THD ascorbate and other ingredients known for their brightening properties, including licorice root and marshmallow root extracts. Plus, I love that the serum is packaged in Common Heir’s biodegradable, plant-based capsules, which can be composted, thrown out, or even melted down in hot water.
Wellness from Within
Don’t just plan to get back in shape and start a new workout routine this spring; approach wellness from within. I’m trying some new ways to take of my body from the inside out, beyond typical self care methods and green juice smoothies. I am excited to have discovered Restore Hyper Wellness, a revolutionary new concept in wellness. Services span a wide range, from whole body cryotherapy to photobiomodulation, IV drip therapy, compression therapy, mild hyperbaric oxygen therapy, and allergy testing and treatment.
I know what you are thinking: Sherita, what exactly is all of that stuff, and do I need it?
The answer is yes! These services can help alleviate pain and inflammation, improve mental health, and contribute to long-term wellness. These are the services I received when I visited and some information on their benefits:
- Cryotherapy: Two-to-three minutes of body exposure in sub-freezing temperatures. This therapy can help lessen muscle pain and pain from autoimmune diseases, reduce Inflammation, soothe Migraines, and improve mental health.
- IV Drip Therapy: After a medical consultation with a licensed Physician’s Assistant and under the direction of Restore’s Medical Director, an IV drip is selected to pump specific vitamins and minerals directly into your bloodstream. Depending on what you want to pinpoint—whether it’s dehydration, energy, a hangover, beauty, or weight loss—IV therapy can be tailored to your individual needs.
- Photobiomodulation (PBM): This therapy uses near-infrared (NIR) light to reduce pain, inflammation, and edema and drastically aid recovery. PBM therapy works at the cellular level, stimulating repair and normalizing cell function. This service is ideal for those seeking to improve circulation, accelerate recovery from an injury or training, and improve skin texture and tone. It also stimulates hair follicle growth, leading to longer, healthier hair.
- HydraFacial: HydraFacial uses a unique, patented Vortex-Fusion delivery system to exfoliate, extract, and hydrate skin, while the spiral design delivers painless extractions to easily dislodge and remove impurities while simultaneously providing hydrating skin solutions.
- Compression Therapy: Controlled pressure is applied to the extremities to help increase blood flow and help the efficiency of the lymphatic and venous systems. Compression therapy maximizes circulation throughout the body to help muscles recover faster from injury or strain.
It is hard for me to pick a favorite treatment because they all were amazing, but the IV Drip replenished my electrolytes and provided my body with the nutrients and minerals it was craving. Also, I had been having issues with my skin, and the HyrdraFacial helped to unclog my pores, smooth my skin’s texture, and brighten some of my hyper-pigmentation. I will be getting another one very soon, but the results are noticeable almost instantly and last for weeks.
Create a Vibe in Your Home
Another way to refresh this spring? Give your home an update! Have you ever flipped through a magazine of perfectly organized, immaculately decorated homes and thought, OMG, I’m sure they spent a lot of money to achieve this or hired a personal decorator?
I’m here to tell you: that doesn’t have to be the case! This spring, give your living room a refresh with some new throw pillows or a lightweight throw blanket, or add some interesting tabletop decor that speaks to your style. I am thrilled to share The Home Vibe, my new home decor marketplace. I’ve curated collection-based decor to make it easy for you to update your space into something chic and cool without costing you a lot of money.
Featuring Luxe, Tribal, and Minimalist Collections, The Home Vibe offers quality, affordable decor options to help you create a vibe in your home. Get 10% off your first purchase when you sign up for our newsletters, and save extra money by covering your current pillows with new pillow covers from the shop.
Whether you’re focusing on beauty, wellness, or home improvements, I can’t wait to see the updates you make to your life this spring!