Tuna steak is one of those proteins, in my opinion, that needs bold added flavors to make it delicious. This recipe is packed with Mexican and Asian inspired elements that will leave your taste buds wanting more. The combination of cilantro, soy, ginger, jalapeno and lime is the perfect balance to the lean flesh of the tuna. The ingredients excite the dish by adding classic elements of sweet, salt, tang and spice. Pan seared tuna is finished in 2 minutes flat, enjoy as an appetizer served with crispy wontons brushed with sesame oil or as a plated an entree.
- Tuna – A simple sear is all you need for tuna, but feel free to cook longer based on your preference. I used Albacore tuna to be economical, but Ahi, known for its bright red color would work perfectly as well. Pat the steak dry before seasoning.
- Sauce – I used 1/2 of a jalapeno, but if you like it spicy then use the whole pepper.
- 1 12 oz Fresh Tuna Steak - Albacore or Ahi (cut in halve)
- 1 handful Fresh Cilantro - finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger - grated
- 1 clove Garlic - minced
- 1/4 cup Olive oil - divided
- 2 Limes - juiced (approx 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 Jalapeno - thinly sliced
- 1 Hass Ripe avocado - cut into pieces
- pinch Sugar
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the cilantro, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir the ingredients together until well incorporated.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, coat pan with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the tuna generously with salt and pepper. When hot, sear tuna for about 1 minute then flip.
- While searing on the other side, pour 1/2 of the cilantro mixture into the pan to coat the fish. After 1 minute, remove and serve with the sliced avocado and the remaining cilantro sauce drizzled over the whole plate.
Krystal // The Krystal Diaries
This looks really good. Add avocado to anything & I’m there! lol
We made this last night and it was really lovely! The vinaigrette was delicious, thanks for sharing 🙂
Bianca – am I so thrilled that you loved this recipe! It is such a simple and delicious way to enjoy Tuna!
spin top trailer stabilizing jacks
I not that much of a online reader to be honest but your blogs really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back later on. Cheers
Thank you for any other informative blog. Where else may just I am getting that type of information written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a venture that I’m just now operating on, and I’ve been at the look out for such information.
Good info and right to the point. I am not sure if this is in fact the best place to ask but do you guys have any ideea where to employ some professional writers? Thx 🙂
m10 dome head bolt price
Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with a few pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is excellent blog. An excellent read. I’ll certainly be back.
I’ve been browsing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.
enchimento de garrafa de vidro
I read several good stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you put to create such a magnificent informative web site.